Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mooresville Public Library is 100 years old!



     So I am a little bit behind, but many of you already know that my library celebrated our 100 YEAR ANNIVERSARY on Saturday, May 12.  That’s right!  My library has been up and running since 1912!  To put this into perspective, that is the same year the Titanic sank on its maiden voyage, New Mexico became the 37th state, and Arizona became the 38th state.  Seems like forever ago, right?

The Titanic sank on its maiden voyage in April of 1912.

     In preparation for the 100 year celebration, I had my kids make crafts about what they believed they would look like when they are 100 years old.  I always think its fun to ask small children what they think they will look like or what they will be doing at such an old age.  The answers are hilarious and the drawings ever better. Here are just a few of the pictures and responses from my 2 and 3 year olds.





     I really wanted my Story Time kids to get in on the 100 year action, but I felt like the 2 and 3 year olds craft was a little too easy for them.   So I did a little searching online and found the cutest 100 year craft that I just knew my kids would love.  I set out cotton balls, lace trim, circles for the heads; wallpaper scraps for the bodies, ties, buttons, and yarn, then asked the kids to create what they believed they would look like at 100.  The results were priceless.  Let me know what you think!






Made by Miss Jaymi, age.. Yeah Right! :)

Made by B.P.  age 4.

Made by P.B. age 4.

     Well, that seems to be it for our 100 year post.  Because I am a bit behind, I want to post a few pictures of the actual celebration. It was a great time and fun was definitely had by everyone who attended!


The beautiful cake made my Mooresville's
own Sugar Mamas.


The Mooresville High School orchestra performed.

There was dancing!

The Mooresville High School choir performed.

MPL Teen Council members volunteered to face paint!

Beth Hensley received an award for her 25 years worth
of volunteer service.  I, for one, have no idea what I
would do without Ms. Beth's help!

A new logo for a new year!  Here is
to 100 more years at MPL!
     Lastly, click on the video below to see the beautiful butterfly release as the closing to our Centennial Celebration!  The day was great and this was the perfect way to cap it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment